These rules apply to all competitions which are published on Specials4Africa
(‘the promotional competitions’). The details of the closing date, how to enter the promotional competition as well as prize information are indicated on the individual promotional competition offer pages on specials4africa.com
(‘the competition offer’). By entering the promotional competitions, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
1. The promotional competitions are organised by Specials4Africa in conjunction with the prize sponsor indicated in the competition offer (‘the Promoters’).
2. The promotional competitions for participants shall commence on the opening date indicated on the competition offer and shall close at midnight on the closing date indicated in the competition offer (‘the period’).
3. The promoters reserve the right to shorten or extend the duration of the competition, subject to these rules.
4. One entry per person.
HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION
4. To enter the promotional competition and to stand a chance of winning the prize, participants must follow the instructions set out on the competition offer (‘the entry instructions’). After having successfully followed the entry instructions the participant is entered into the competition and shall be eligible to win the prize.
PRIZES FOR PARTICIPANTS
6. The prize is detailed in the competition offer.
7. All prizes are not transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash and are not negotiable. The promoters shall not be liable for any defect in the prize and reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize which has a comparable commercial value.
8. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions which the prize winner must comply with.
9. The promoters will conduct a random draw for the prize at the end of the competition from all of the entries received in the promotional competition to determine the winner of the competition, In order to confirm the identity of the winner, the promoters will contact the winner and verify the participant’s identity and eligibility.
10. Participants who have been confirmed as valid winners in the verification process will be notified that they have won the prize via Facebook, email and/or SMS within 2 (two) weeks of their identity having been successfully verified. Participants shall be obliged to provide their telephone numbers in order for delivery of the prize to be arranged.
WHO MAY ENTER THE PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION AS A PARTICIPANT
11. Prizes can be claimed by participants over the age of 18 years only.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
12. The following persons may not be awarded prizes in this promotional competition. Even if they submit a competition entry, they will forfeit any prizes awarded to them:
12.1 employees, director(s), member(s), partner(s), agent(s), or consultant(s) relating to the promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoters;
12.2 any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition;
12.3 the spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
12.4 legal entities.
13. The prize winner grants permission to the promoters to publish the prize winners’ names on its sites, social media or radio, press or print.
14. The prize is not redeemable over public holidays and peak periods
DELIVERY OF PRIZES
14. Winners will receive their prizes by delivery to the physical address that they provide to the promoters on request (‘the delivery address’). The moment the winner provides the promoters with the delivery address the winner shall be deemed to have accepted the prize and the prize will be delivered to the delivery address. The winner shall be required to provide the promoters with a telephone number to assist with the delivery.
IF THE PROMOTER CANNOT CONTACT A WINNER OR IF THE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE
15. If after following reasonable attempts to contact a winner, the promoters cannot contact a winner within 7 (seven) days after the date on which the winner was selected, that winner will be disqualified and the promoters reserve the right to draw another winner in substitution or to cancel that prize.
- The promotional competition will be run on specials4africa.com and www.facebook.com/Specials4Africa.
- All opinions expressed are those of the person submitting those opinions and are not those of the promoters, organisers or any sponsor involved.
- The promoters have the right to terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, for any reason whatsoever. In the event of such termination the promoter will publish a notice on Facebook and specials4africa.com and all participants, both public and industry, agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoters or their sponsors.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend the rules of this promotional competition at any time and without notice. The promoters shall publish any amendments to the rules on specials4africa.com and www.facebook.com/Specials4Africa. Such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the amended rules as aforesaid. It is the participant’s responsibility to check the websites for amendments to these rules.
- Any entry which is unclear, illegible or contains errors or is from disqualified persons will be declared invalid. Any technical failures that lead to any entry being invalid or not received will not be the promoters’ liability, and the promoters cannot be held responsible for any technical errors.
- All participants agree not to hold the promoter liable for any technical errors originating from the promoter’s hosting website, Facebook, network suppliers and other service providers.
- Participants are responsible for any data charges, cellphone charges or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain the necessary network or internet access to be able to access websites and enter the promotional competition.
- The clauses in these rules are severable. This means that if any clause in these rules is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- The judges’ decision will remain final. The promoter shall not enter into further correspondence in this regard.
- All participants and winners, as the case may be, hereby indemnify the promoters, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or in connection with participation in anyway in this promotional competition (including as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the promoters and/or use of the prizes).
- The promoters shall require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the promoters to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule and the rules of this promotional competition for any reason, such winner will automatically be disqualified.
- A copy of the promotional competition rules shall be made available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded and printed from specials4africa.com.